Shipping and Delivery
Order and Customer Service
You Can check the status of your order? Go to your,” My account”, and “orders” where you will get order details, status, and all order details under the actions “View” tab.
Contact Customer care if you have any concerns regarding delivery and tracking. Customer Care
Shipping Rate: we offer free deliveries worldwide but sometimes charge extra shipping charges if the address is out of reach or needs special arrangements which depend on distance, speed, weight, volume, and the shipping country.
Daad Deliver Assurance: We also offer discounts/coupons if package delivery gets delayed three weeks, as we are committed to reaching you.
Buying large and Bulky Items
When you buy large or bulky items, you need to read vendor or supplier notes/instructions for scheduling, installation, loading, and unloading.
- There will be certain restrictions to prevent us from shipping certain products to different geographical locations, offices, territories, protectorates, military installations, and P.O. boxes; for more information, contact customer care or your local departments.
- International delivery address can’t be changed to another location, as mentioned while ordering.
Global Carrier Information
Daad Global shop sells and ships products globally, and we work with the following carriers, partners, and 3PL services to deliver items.
UPS, U.S. postal, C.J. Logistics, Alibaba Logistics, FedEx, Aramex, DHL Express, TNT, Australia Post, Canada Post, and regional or local carriers.
Your shipment details are available. In your “my orders” sync automatically with tracking ids, you can contact customer care if tracking information is unavailable. Delivery instructions you entered while ordering will be visible to drivers only.
If you want to track your package, you can visit the website or contact them directly with the tracking reference provided. The delivery person will contact you, confirm your address, and ask about your availability to receive your package. Please ensure your presence when the driver arrives; otherwise, the second attempt may be delayed.
You can contact customer care or the carrier directly if you have a delivery issue.
About Customs, Duties, and Taxes
When ordering from Daad, you are the only one responsible for assuring the product you are ordering is legal and lawfully imported to the destination country.
Our prices are included import taxes, customs duties (hereafter,” import fees”), and VAT levied by the customs office of your shipping destination. Import fees vary according to local customs regulations. Find below the components which determined the import fee;
- Import taxes based on custom duty
- Customs clearance
- Shipping Costs and package weight
- Product category and Price
Customs and trade policies vary widely; our teams try their level best to keep the information updated, but sometimes policy updates take time, sometimes increase exponentially, and raise the product price, which is due to you paying; we also ask you to contact your customs office for more information.
You, as the buyer and the importer must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of your country. Customs delays can affect original delivery estimates.
- Some countries or regions require the importer of record to provide a form of identification before releasing a shipment; authorities can demand a Passport, Personal identification I.D., or Tax ID or may ask for business legal documents if you are importing in bulk quantities.
- By purchasing international products, you acknowledge that you are importing the products for personal use, which will be reflected in the customs documentation.
- You can also be responsible for paying any extra (“import tax and fees”), which is triggered when the shipment is imported into your shipping address or reviewed in policy by the government.
- Ordering on Daad, you authorize us to designate a carrier to act as your agent concerning international products and the relevant customs and tax authorities.
- Importers are subject to opening and inspection by officials and authorities, and we share information about products and importers.
- Gift item; Customs authorities may require the value of the gift item to be stated directly on the package, and the cost will be calculated as per the destination country’s law.
- Rick of loss; all international purchases are made pursuant to a shipment contract, which means that the risk of loss and title for global products pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier outside your shipping destination.
Import fees Deposit and Refunds
Import fees Deposit
Custom or import fees are collected by you, and with your authorization, these funds are used by the carrier or another agent to pay the Import Fees on your behalf (or the recipient’s behalf) to the authorities. The payment of import fees is the responsibility of the importer and is levied based on the laws of the destination into which the products are being shipped.
Import Fees Deposit Refunds
You will automatically receive a refund to the payment method you used to place the order for any difference between the actual import fees and the import fee deposit we collected on your behalf. You’ll get an email notification of the refund amount as confirmation. We will begin processing the refunds once we receive carrier invoices verifying the actual import fees. In addition, the full amount of the paid import fees deposit will automatically be refunded if carrier invoices are not received by 180 days after the ship date.
You will be bound by the terms & conditions, policies, and conditions of sale in effect at the time that you make an international purchase. We reserve the right to make changes to its terms & conditions, policies, and sales conditions at any time by posting the changes. The validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions will only be impacted if any of these conditions of sale are found to be valid, void, or otherwise unenforceable.